Cannabis has been in consumption for a long time now. People have been using it for ages, and it is still in high demand. With time, different modes of consumption of cannabis have come up. While the traditional methods of smoking and eating cannabis-infused food are still prevalent, some new methods have come up, like vaping, gummies, THC Oil, tinctures, etc. Over the years, vaping has become more popular than other methods. However, whether it is a good way of consuming cannabis or not is quite unsure. So here, we will examine the pros and cons of using a THC vape pen and try to understand vape pens better.
THC is short for tetrahydrocannabinol. It is one of the many compounds discovered in the cannabis Sativa plant. It is the compound that is primarily responsible for the highs associated with the use of marijuana. It is present in medicines and other products for its therapeutic and recreational properties. It is known to help in mental and physical health-related issues like inflammation, pain, anxiety, depression, stress, etc. Along with CBD, THC is one of the most popular cannabis compounds.
THC Vape Pen
Vape Pens are electronic devices that use dry cannabis flowers or vape oil of THC or any other cannabis compound as its raw material. The device heats the vape oil to turn it into vapor. A user then inhales the vapor to get the effects of consuming marijuana. Once a person inhales the vapor, the THC enters the bloodstream, and the effects start kicking in while you relax. A THC Vape pen does not completely burn the oil or cannabis flower; hence no smoke is produced while vaping a THC Vape pen.
A THC Vape pen consists of four main components; cartridge, atomizer, battery, and mouthpiece. A cartridge is a container for the THC oil, and an atomizer is that component of the vape pen that heats the THC oil to convert it into vapor. The battery is often rechargeable, and the mouthpiece is from where you inhale the vapor.
Pros of Vaping THC Vape Pen
As against other modes of consumption of cannabis, there are many benefits associated with vaping THC Vape Pen. Some of the most common advantages of vaping THC Vape pens are listed below:
- Traditional smoking burns the cannabis flower completely, thus releasing lots of carcinogens and other harmful toxins. When an individual inhales these toxins, he becomes prone to developing respiratory and heart diseases. However, when you vape a THC Vape pen, a lot of the vapor you inhale is filtered, so carcinogens and harmful toxins are filtered out, so you do not consume high concentrations of these.
- Since there is no complete combustion of the cannabis flower or THC oil, a THC Vape pen does not release any smell. It thus allows you to vape discreetly without anyone finding it out.
- Unlike traditional smoking, THC Vape pens come in varied flavors, allowing you to choose any flavor of your liking since many people do not like the hay-like taste of cannabis.
- Unlike traditional smoking, you only need a few puffs of a THC Vape pen to get the effects to kick in. It is thus more effective than smoking since you have to smoke the whole joint for the effects to kick in.
- You can control the number of puffs you take when you use a THC vape pen. It helps you keep your dosage in check, unlike smoking, where you have no option but to smoke the whole joint or throw most of it away.
- THC Vape pens are small and compatible. They are, hence, easy to carry around and are thus very convenient for people who like to travel. You can carry a THC Vape pen in your pocket anywhere.
- It may be expensive for some people to get rolling papers and filters every time they consume cannabis. THC Vape pen can help you save your bucks because a single vape pen can last long since it is electronically rechargeable.
Cons of Vaping THC Vape Pen
Despite many benefits to using THC vape pens for vaping cannabis, there are some cons. These cons are listed below:
- Although using a THC Vape pen may be more economically viable than traditional smoking, in the long run, it is a given that in the beginning, one will have to incur some cost to procure a suitable THC Vape. Further, when you use THC oil for the vape pen, you incur an additional cost every time you wish to refill the vape.
- It may be troublesome to charge the battery every time it gets discharged; this may be disheartening and time-consuming.
- You will have to be alert for the general upkeep of the vape since it is an electronic device, after all, and it will require maintenance.
- Although the THC Vape pen is beneficial in helping with many physical and mental health issues, it may have some side effects like increased heart rate, dry mouth, coordination problems, red eyes, anxiety, etc. However, these are only temporary.
- The effects may endure only a few hours, unlike in traditional smoking, when effects last longer.
- Some people like the feeling of blowing smoke in every drag. It may be disheartening to know that some THC Vape pens do not produce enough smoke.
We have seen numerous pros associated with using THC vape pens for vaping cannabis. However, there are some cons as well. Nonetheless, we notice that the pros far outweigh the cons of vaping THC vape pens, especially when they were seen concerning the purpose with which people vape cannabis; therapeutic and recreational purposes. Although there are cons, shifting to other methods may not be suitable for many people. Further, different people may have different priorities. They may thus choose a particular way of consuming cannabis to their liking. They can also opt for THC Vape pens if their needs are satisfied. Hence, THC Vape pens have pros and cons. Nevertheless, it remains one of the most widespread and effective ways of consuming cannabis.